Thursday, September 26, 2013

Did The Little Womenfolk Get A Better Firestrike?

My friend made this work of art for my 38th birthday, which we then gleefully ate!


On my birthday, I had a tooth pulled, it was a root of a wisdom tooth they missed when I was 16, and I am doing ok...well....no, I got bored decided to make one of these and came upon a grim discovery....



It's actually better than a Firestrike!

Ok bad news first, It's still a snap ratchet plunger head that you need to epoxy to make it work and let it dry overnight. You'll also need to cut down 1 coil off an 8 Kg Swarmfire spring and a Black Tactical V1 Retaliator spring to pull it off (don't wuss and use a strongarm spring !). Not an easy feat considering that is hardened steel, and perferably facing the Plunger head because of the 3 dimensional plastic Spring catch that is not just on the top shell, but the grip too makes less space in the plunger tube for a spring.   

.....WAIT! what did I just say? let me repeat myself..... 

 "3 dimensional plastic spring catch that is not just on the top shell, but the grip too....."  Instead of a flat piece of plastic, the girls get a proper spring stop. Other things worth quotes and all caps......   

"The plunger tube is the same BUT IT CAN BE SCREWED IN LIKE AN EX-6 ELEMENT." 

"The top shell can be undone WITHOUT UNDOING ANYTHING ELSE!."  

"The catch spring is tiny AND CAN BE COILED WITH A 2x OMW TRIGGER CATCH SPRING!

"The plunger rod I estimate IS 12 DUROMETER GRADES HIGHER THAN A FIRESTRIKE MAKING THE CATCH ON THE ROD TOUGHER!"

"The Accessory rail can be removed IN ONE PIECE! keeping anything you end up having glued/mounted to it intact every time you take it apart.

Testing it out for a few days, so far I have H3 side window @ 100 feet in moderate wind and still accurate.  Ranges simular to Ultra Match Firestrike, but more accurate.



--Cartaya


No comments:

Post a Comment