Thursday, November 27, 2014

Bird of Prey, Type-R Bowcaster



I have been working on this blaster for a few months, getting it just right and Yes,  I have been reluctant to post this, why?  Because the build components just yells Blaster suicide.

25-32 Kg's of spring force.

 
A cutdown Longshot PT and PH fixed to a Star Shot Plunger rod.


 
 


4Kg's of trigger catch spring.

12 inches of Brass Barrel and a 9/16 coupler.  A first for a Cartaya Mod Works Blaster.


Seriously, I believed I pushed the Star Shot to it's limits with the Type M (Magnus tubed Bird Of Prey)....I was wrong.  I still didn't want to post it one week and then find the next it cannot work more than a week.

But here it is!

It can shoot darts as far as 200' flat, but dialed down to 160'-180' it is menacingly accurate!  More so than it's power, is it's accuracy really sets this blaster off.
 

 
Here is the first longshot Plunger tubed BoP, the Type-L with a 7 inch barrel and 24 Kg's and 55 cc's of plunger volume.  I am well beyond this now with 28Kg's 66cc's and 12" of barrel.

The other thing is, it's hella light, just over a pound with a 3-7x20 scope, it fits in a notebook computer bag with the barrel and stock removed and the last battle I played, nobody could even land a dart on me when I was using it.

More on this beast to come.  Until next time, Uzi Suicide time!




 
 
--Cartaya

2 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful....... if you don't visit my blog I'll be pissed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Le blaster a un rendement un peu faible, avec cette force de ressort vous devriez avoir 400 fps. Moi j'y arrive et je n'ai que du plastique, pas de tube laiton. le piston est tout plastique. déjà 1000 tirs et pas de soucis. A plus

    ReplyDelete